- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
Boil potatoes in a large pot with salted water. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
Remove them from heat and drain. Allow it to steam dry for a few minutes.
Heat vegetable oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Saute yellow onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
Pour in your spices (cumin, cayenne pepper, curry and masala).
Season with ginger root and salt and cook for 2 minutes to let the flavors develop.
Add in your potatoes, tomatoes, garbanzo beans and peas.
Pour in coconut milk and stir to combine. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!