- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (205 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmbeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup (130 grams) dark or golden raisins
- 1 cup (130 grams) dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (100 grams) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (55 grams) confectioners sugar (icing or powdered sugar), sifted
- 2 – 3 tablespoons milk or light cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly butter 2 baking sheets or line them with wax paper.
Using your stand mixer with a paddle attachment, Cream your butter until smooth.
Add your brown sugar and vanilla. Beat at medium-high speed for a couple minutes until fluffy.
Put the eggs one at a time, mix it thoroughly.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Add them into the butter mixture.
Pour in raisins, dates and walnuts into the batter and mix it together.
Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the batter and arrange it into your baking sheets. Set them a few inches apart.
Bake them for 8-10 minutes until they set around the edges but still soft at the center and turns a nice golden brown.
Let them cool for a few minutes before transferring the cookies into a wire rack to cool completely.
For the glaze
In a small bowl, stir icing sugar and milk until well combined.
Drizzle the glaze unto your cookies and serve.