- 5 slices bacon
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large head cabbage, cored and shredded
- ½ cup sour cream
- Place the bacon in a large, deep cooking pan and cook over medium-high heat.
- Turn bacon occasionally until evenly browned, about 8 -10 minutes.
- Remove the bacon slices to cool.
- Whisk the butter, flour, and salt into the drippings in the same pan. Stir in the cabbage, and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until cabbage is tender, about 12 – 15 minutes.
- Crumble the bacon and stir the bacon pieces and sour cream into the cabbage mixture.