- 4 cupschicken broth
- 2 cupsquinoa
- 4 teaspoonsvegetable oil, or as needed
- 1onion, chopped
- 4 clovesgarlic, or to taste, minced
- 3 poundsground chicken
- 3 (20 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes with green chili peppers
- Bring chicken broth and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 18 to 25 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Warm up onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is translucent, 5 to 8 minutes. Add ground chicken and break into small pieces while cooking until completely browned, 8 to 15 minutes.
- Stir cooked quinoa and diced tomatoes into the chicken mixture; bring to a simmer and cook long enough for the flavors to meld, about 12 minutes more.