Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 4skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 5 ouncesegg noodles
- 1 (10.75 ounce) cancondensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) cancondensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cupsour cream
- A Pinch of Salt or depending to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ¼ cupcrumbled buttery round crackers
- ¾ cupbutter
- Poach chicken in a large pot of simmering water. Cook until no longer pink in center, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside. Use the chicken’s boiled water in cooking pasta. Once pasta is cooked, drain the water out. Cut chicken into small pieces, and mix with noodles.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mushroom soup, chicken soup, and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir together cream soup mixture with the chicken mixture. Place in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, and remove from heat. Stir in crumbled crackers. Top casserole with the buttery crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 25-30 minutes, until heated through and browned on top.
- Best served hot or warm.