The following snacks are each 200 calories, they will fill you up, but not so much they will tire you out. Just because you are an adult doesn’t mean your afternoon snack should be forgotten or ignored, in fact it is highly recommended that you take a snack, to avoid overeating at your next meal.
Here are 5 of the best snacks packed with protein and nutrients that would help go through the day with your best energy.
5 Best Snacks for Grown-ups
1. Nuts, trail mix and nut bars: Nuts and seeds are high in proteins and healthy fats, which keep you satisfied between meals.
2. Berries: Berries are low-calorie, high-flavor snack packed with antioxidants, they are also extremely healthy and beneficial to your physical and mental health.
3. Protein drink mixes: A smoothie can be a very satisfying snack and also feel like a treat when feel like something a little sweet to drink instead of chew.
4. Cracker-sandwiches: An open-faced cracker sandwich can be made with all sorts of ingredients, so it can be really healthy or really fatty. Keep whole, organic foods in mind and you will have the perfect snack.
5. All-fruit smoothies: Similar to protein drink mixes, a fruit smoothie made with some water, a teaspoon of honey, a banana and some berries, mango or pear can be a sweet, fewer-than-200-calories treat that helps you get your fiber and your vitamins.