- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (240 ml) plain yogurt (full fat or low fat)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable, canola, safflower, or corn oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (260 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups (240-360 ml) fresh or frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line your 12 cup muffin tin using paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Lightly beat the egg before pouring all of your liquid ingredients. Whisk them together.
In another bowl combine all your dry ingredients using a wire whisk. Fold in your blueberries.
Pour your egg-yogurt mixture into your dry ingredients. Gently mix them together. The batter will be a bit thick.
Fill the muffin cups with the batter using a large ice cream scoop or a spoon.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until done and slightly brown in color.
Cool for 10 minutes before serving.