Parmesan Chicken Bake
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 12 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 (5 ounce) package garlic croutons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat the bottom of a 9×13 inch casserole dish with olive oil, and sprinkle with garlic and hot red pepper flakes.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in bottom of the dish, and pour marinara sauce over chicken. Sprinkle basil over marinara sauce, and top with half the mozzarella cheese, followed by half the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle on the croutons, and then top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese and croutons are golden brown and the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 35 minutes to 1 hour.
- Best served while hot.