- cooking spray
- 1/3 pound ground beef
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 ¼ cup pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Prepare muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot pan until browned and crumbly, 8 to 10 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Drain and discard grease from the beef.
- Cut wonton wrappers into 2 1/4-inch circles with a biscuit cutter. Press one wonton into the bottom of each muffin cup. Sprinkle even amounts of Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and ricotta cheese into each muffin cup; top each portion with even amounts of ground beef and pasta sauce.
- Divide 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, half the ricotta cheese, 1/2 the ground beef mixture, and 1/2 cup pasta sauce, between the muffin cups and layer, respectively, atop the wonton wrapper; repeat layering with remaining wonton wrappers, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, remaining ricotta cheese, remaining ground beef, and remaining pasta sauce. Top the ‘cupcakes’ with remaining Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until edges of ‘cupcakes’ are browned, 20 to 25 minutes; let cook in tins for 5 – 6 minutes before running a knife around the edges of the cupcakes to loosen the edges to remove. Garnish with fresh basil to serve.