Ham and Wild Rice Casserole
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup wild rice
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 ½ (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 ½ large diced onion
- 3 diced carrots
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 ½ (10.75 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add wild rice and then cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Stir long grain rice into wild rice. Continue simmering until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally, about 25 – 30 more minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat olive oil in a large cooking pan over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms, onion, carrots, green pepper, and garlic until tender and browned, about 8 – 10 minutes
- Mix white wine, soy sauce, dry mustard, and curry powder into the vegetables. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer until liquid is reduced, about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- Combine ham, cream of mushroom soup, and cooked rice with the vegetables.
- Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbly, about 25 – 30 minutes.