- 1/2 pound egg noodles (I use no yolks), cooked as stated in package directions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into half lengthwise so that you end up with 4 pieces of chicken
- Salt and black pepper, garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, stems removed, cleaned, and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (do not substitute any other vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- Fresh, chopped parsley for garnish
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Season chicken with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. When the oil is hot, add the chicken.
Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches a temp of about 165 degrees.
Remove the cooked chicken from the pan, and set aside. To the pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and reduce the heat to medium.
Add in onions and mushrooms and sauté until the onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender.
Add in garlic and cook for about 2 minutes more. Season onions and mushrooms with a bit more salt, pepper, and add in 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme. Sprinkle the vegetables with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour and allow it to cook for a minute.
Slowly whisk in chicken stock, then balsamic vinegar. Whisk well. Add in half and half, and raise the heat to medium-high.
Simmer the sauce until it starts to thicken, then reduce the heat to low and add the chicken to the pan, and simmer for about 3 minutes longer. To serve, arrange noodles in a bowl.
Top with a piece of chicken and mushrooms balsamic cream sauce.
Serves 4, enjoy!