- 1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (240 ml) buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons (40 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- Plus extra melted butter for greasing the pan.
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Whisk everything together until it’s well incorporated.
In another bowl, mix thoroughly together eggs, butter and buttermilk.
Create a well in your dry ingredients and pour your wet ingredients into the center. Stir gently until its well blended.
Choose a flat frying pan and heat over medium high temperature.
Grease your pan with butter or use nonstick spray.
Depending on what size you want your pancakes, pour some batter into your pan and fry your pancakes for 2-3 minutes.
Flip it over to cook the other side. Transfer them into a lined platter.
Serve with butter on top and drizzle with maple syrup. Yummy breakfast anyone?